The leaves are falling along with the temperatures. Driving conditions change with the seasons. Here are a few fall driving tips:
- Road construction is still going on. Be alert for traffic stopping for construction and for construction zones.
- Roads become slippery after small rainfalls from the oil and rubber residue left on them. Slow down and allow more room for stopping.
- Use your headlights. You must use them in rainy conditions, but it increases your visibility to leave your lights on low beam.
- Drive for the conditions.
- Keep your front windshield clean, inside and out. That will help a little when the sun is at awkward angles, reducing visibility.
- And, most importantly, don’t drive distracted. Put the cell phone away. If you don’t arrive safely, you may never be able to send another text, make another call or check your email again.