Environmental laws and regulations (hazardous waste, air quality, SARA/Community Right to Know…), emergency planning, and conservation affect all employers. Large companies have full-time staff to help with environmental compliance. Small companies don’t. But with the help of CHESS, employers of all sizes can protect their businesses against increased regulatory exposure and citations. And they can defend their reputations as good corporate citizens.
Proactive management of environmental resources can create positive public relations. In contrast, if employers are caught exposing the environment to undue risks, the costs to a company, from damaged reputation and remediation expenses, are often greater than any fines.
CHESS’s environmental compliance professionals help businesses address their environmental concerns with tailored, cost-effective assessment and compliance solutions. We work in partnership with you to deliver the services you need including:
- Air Emissions Registration Permits and help to determine if you need a permit
- Annual reporting assistance for stormwater, hazardous waste, air emissions, and other environmental permits
- Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act reporting
- Hazardous waste
- Annual reporting
- Hazardous waste training
- Spill clean-up procedures
- Wastewater discharge permits
- SARA Title III Tier II reporting
- Spill and pollution prevention plans
- Stormwater permits for industrial activity
- Help with waste reduction and safer product substitution
Read about our safety services case studies to learn how we have helped our clients.