Business focus of MPCA EA Grants – Apply by June 14th!
On May 14, 2012, the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) announced the opening of the Fiscal Years (FY) 2012-2013 Environmental Assistance (EA) Grant Program for applications. The deadline for submittal of applications is June 14, 2012, by 2:00 p.m. Central Time.
Businesses are one of the main categories this year. This could be your opportunity if you have been considering projects in green chemistry, reducing/reusing/recycling, environmental business development, e-Waste, or statewide compost organization development. Communities and schools are the other main categories. Approximately $640,000 is available. Eligible applicants, grant award amounts, and minimum matching fund requirements will vary by focus areas and preferred proposals. For more detailed information on focus areas and funding requirements, please see Request for Proposals Funding Guidance — FY 2012-13 Environmental Assistance Grants and other information on the MPCA EA grants program webpage.
Applications for financial assistance will be for proposals in the following three categories:
- Communities with focus areas:
- Green Building
- Local Government Assistance – Sustainability Measures
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) Contaminated Stormwater Pond Sediment
- Source-Separated Compost, and
- Environmental Volunteering and Service Learning
- Businesses with focus areas:
- Green Chemistry
- Environmental Business Development
- Electronic Waste (e-Waste) Collection
- Statewide Compost Organization)
- Schools with focus areas:
- Schools Reduce/Reuse/Recycle
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education Curriculum