EHS Consultant, Full-time. Bored with doing the same thing each day? Good at juggling lots of different projects? Eager to learn more? Want to work somewhere where your knowledge and skills are appreciated?
Our mission is protecting the lives of workers. We’re a women-owned, well established, growing company that works with small local businesses to support that mission. We’re looking for someone to join us in providing EHS consulting services to those businesses. That includes training employees, conducting site visits, dealing with regulators, developing safety and health programs, facilitating safety committees – and whatever else our clients challenge us with.
For a small company, we offer a lot:
Complete Health, Environmental & Safety Services, Inc. (CHESS) offers a flexible, stable and collaborative work environment; a generous benefit package (paid individual health insurance, 401(k), 401(k) contribution, paid time off, pre-tax health savings account contribution, educational benefits), and continuous opportunities for learning and growth. Our office is located in a busy commercial area, on multiple bus routes, and offers free off-street parking.
As an organization, we strive for excellence, consider every client important, and think that people matter. If you enjoy working for a small, family-owned, environmentally friendly corporation that has been in business for over 25 years and believes each client should have personalized one-on-one service, CHESS could be the company for you.
We are currently seeking a Safety Consultant to provide direct support to multiple clients. Almost no travel outside the Twin Cities metro area will be required; full-time opportunity but we will consider part-time for the right candidate. Would also consider internship.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be eager to learn.
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Be able to keep track of multiple projects and follow up with clients when items are not completed.
- Be able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be comfortable communicating with employees as well as business owners.
- Have 2+ years experience in workplace safety/health/environment.
- Interested in growing professionally and with the company.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop safety and health programs;
- Conduct OSHA and EPA compliance audits;
- Provide safety training;
- Facilitate, participate in and help clients with their safety committees;
- Help clients with environmental compliance.
Essential qualifications for this position will include:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in safety or related field (such as chemistry) preferred.
- At least two years of experience in workplace safety/EHS (training, developing programs, implementing programs, conducting audits) preferred.
- Familiarity with OSHA and OSHA regulations as well as fire code and environmental regulations (hazardous waste, in particular).
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and multiple clients at one time.
- Be computer-literate – proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Able to proof, format, and produce a professional-looking final product.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle.
Additional skills and experience in the following specific areas are preferred, but not required:
- Conducting forklift operation training and evaluations.
- Delivering fire safety/fire extinguisher training.
- Lockout/tagout program development.
- Providing electrical safety training.
- Evaluation and development of machine guarding.
- Developing safety committee agendas and minutes, facilitating effective meetings.
- Understanding of chemical and physical hazards (Right to Know training).
ANSI-accredited certification (ASP, CSP, CIH) is a plus, and CHESS will support the effort for qualified candidates who are interested in pursuing proper certification.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and salary expectations via email to email@example.com.
CHESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer