Fire Prevention Week is this week – October 9-15. This is a good time to review your evacuation plan. Consider the following:
- Do employees know what to do if there is a fire?
- Do you have a plan on how you will notify employees to evacuate?
- Can everyone hear announcements or warnings?
- Are employees trained to use extinguishers?
- Do employee know where to gather to be accounted for?
- Are your extinguishers accessible?
- Are they checked monthly?
If any of these answers is not a “yes”, time to take action!